Whether you swoon over Valentine’s Day or see it as an over-commercialised, money-making day, based on the last year we have all been through, it’s safe to say we all deserve a little loving. There is simply no denying the importance and power of telling someone you love them.
This mouthwatering chocolate fondant is something that can be enjoyed with someone close to your heart, whether it be a friend, a little crush, your long-term sweetheart, or on your own on the couch with your dog or cat on your lap (careful not to share!). This dessert is every excuse to unwind and enjoy the moment – because who doesn’t love chocolatey gooeyness.
Note: This recipe is vegan and can be gluten free.
Vegan Chocolate fondant:
For the ganache inside:
- 100g Lindt 70% dark chocolate
- 100ml almond milk
- Heat (in a bowl over a pot of boiling water until completed melted) and pour into an ice cube tray and freeze for at least 2 hours.
For the fondant:
- 110g cake flour OR Orgran Plain Flour All-purpose (sifted)
- 30g or cocoa powder + extra for dusting
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 90g of dark brown sugar
- 100ml almond milk
- 40 ml sunflower oil + extra for greasing
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 150 ml of warm water
- 2 tsp Orgran Egg Replacer
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease 4 pudding ramekins and dust with a generous layer of cocoa powder.
- In a large bowl sift the Orgran Plain Flour All-purpose, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
- Stir in the dark brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl combine the almond milk, sunflower oil, instant coffee, red wine vinegar, warm water and egg replacer.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixer and whisk until completely combined.
- Remove the ice cube tray from the freezer and remove the ganache cubes.
- Pour the fondant mixture into the pudding ramekins (around 1/4 way full) then add the ganache cube on top.
- Cover with more fondant mixture until just more than half way.
- Place in the middle of the oven and bake for 12-14 minutes (do not open the oven in between)
- Once baked remove from the oven and serve immediately: loosen the sides with a knife and flip onto a plate, Then lift the ramekin and enjoy. I like to serve mine with some vegan ice cream and a dusting of cocoa powder.
Voila! You’re welcome ;)
Recipe by: @abiteofvegan_